- ½ lb sausage
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz) package Velveeta
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (10-oz) can Mexican Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage and drain fat.
- Add cream cheese, Velveeta, and Rotel to skillet. Cook on low until cheese has melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Pour in crock pot to keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
I used a roll of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. You can use regular or hot.
Can substitute ground beef for sausage.
I used a can of Mexican Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles. Can use regular, mild, or hot Rotel in this dip.
Can make the dip on the stovetop, in the microwave, or in the crockpot.
You can double the recipe for a large crowd.
I like to make the dip on the stove and keep it warm in the slow cooker.
Serve the dip with celery sticks, bell pepper slices, or gluten-free chips for a gluten-free dish.